Manage My Watershed is community-built — we encourage you to help us build it! While guests can view watershed stories, freshwater stewardship tools, and forum questions forums, if you’d like to post you’ll need to register as a member.
Account Activation Problem?
First, please be patient. It may take up to five minutes for your activation email to be delivered. If you don’t receive it, check your spam folder. If you don’t find it there, contact the webmaster so she can activate your membership.
Customize Your Profile
Unlike your username, your display name can be changed at any time and it may contain spaces. Click on your avatar in the menu and select “Profile.” In the secondary menu, click Edit. You can change your display name and update your About Me bio information. Make sure to click the Save Changes button before leaving the Edit screen.
Click on your avatar in the menu and select “Profile.” In the secondary menu on your profile page, click Change Profile Photo or Change Cover Photo. Following the instructions on the screen to upload and crop your photo.
Click on your avatar in the menu and then click Settings. Edit your email, or change your password by typing your new password twice — please use a strong one! Make sure to click the Save Changes button before leaving the page.
Guests are welcome to view all forum discussions. To post or comment, you must register on our site.
- Navigate to the appropriate forum for your question.
- Scroll down to use the text editor to start a topic (aka thread). Give it a descriptive title and some tags.
- Write your topic in the edit pane.
- Attach files: Media files can’t be inserted in the text but can be attached to a topic or reply. Scroll down to the Attachments section below the text editor. Click the Browse button and select a file on your computer. You can attach up to ten files to a topic or reply, but you must attach them one at a time using the “Add another file” link. Allowed attachment file types (max size 4MB):
- Images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .ico)
- Documents (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .odt, .xls, .xlsx, .psd)
- Audio (.mp3, .m4a, .ogg, .wav)
- Video: in the interest of saving bandwidth, please upload your videos to video hosting services like YouTube and Vimeo and share links in the body of your topic.
- Click the Submit button.
Navigate to your post and click the Edit button near the right side of the bar that shows the post date and time.